Sunday, May 18, 2008

my reflection

i have always wanted my life to be a reflection of Christ's love. i want Him to be evident to me on the inside. obvious to those on the outside. i find it a blessing to share my testimony and it seems too long since i have. as jacob is continuing the process of applying to seminary, it gave me the chance to give my statement of faith and support of him going into the ministry. i wanted to post what i wrote. so that i don't forget. and if the Lord chooses to use it somehow in the world of blogging. :)


"It is a privilege to be able to share my testimony with you. My life story has been nothing short of the Lord’s blessings and I pray His glory be shown through this account.
There have been many pivotal people and opportunities since the beginning that have pointed me in the direction of knowing and experiencing the love of the Lord in my life. At the innocent age of five, my mother used a discipline situation to show me the grave consequences of sin demonstrated in my behavior. I was always known to feel the conviction of the Holy Spirit, even before found guilty at such a young time in my life. I knelt before the Lord, humbled in prayer. Dedicating my being from that point on has been challenging. It has been rewarding. Definitely a blessing.
My mother’s joy has always played an influential role in my life. She has shown me the joy of the Lord through her relationship with Jesus. That same joy has been engraved on my soul and I rejoice in Him that holds each of my days. My Jesus has been my friend. My companion. My confidant. He is most of all, my Savior of my sin. I await His arrival as I live each day He continues to give me.
During a mission trip in high school, I was introduced to the powerful truth of hope and faith as they are played out in my walk. My life verse is found in Hebrews 11:1 -
“The fundamental fact of existence is that this trust in God, this faith, is the firm foundation under everything that makes life worth living. It's our handle on what we can't see.”
The Message
I’ve lived with a testing health challenge since birth that God has used to bring His glory into my life. I have been reminded to trust. Not with a blind faith because God’s existence, His hope, is all around me. He is evident. Obvious. My hope that I find in Him is a firm foundation that has brought me through my limits many times. That hope always brings me through. Undoubtedly. Every time. I have learned to put my expectations in God alone. He always follows through.
The Lord has answered many prayers of self-commitment and obedience to Him. As I live a life of blessings with my wonderful husband and two beautiful girls, I am constantly reminded of His faithfulness and goodness. I am daily challenged by the conviction of the Holy Spirit, in a relational communion with Jesus Christ and trust my faith and walk to God‘s will everyday.
As choosing seminary is not an easy decision on a young family of four, I still find excitement in the adventure the Lord has called us on. There are times that worries weigh, but He holds the will of my husband’s heart. I am fully supportive of my husband’s desire, as you will find it is the same desire of my heart. Together, we have a passion. A passion to serve our family. To serve people. Most importantly, a passion to serve our God wholeheartedly.
Oh God, use us as your vessels. To bring you glory, ultimately."

No comments:

Post a Comment