Monday, January 14, 2008

some thoughts.

I was browsing the folder of pictures we have stored on the computer and came across this one of littlest sweet pea. I just can't believe how beautiful she is. She warms my heart in so many ways. That smile is truly genuine. Meaning, her real name shouldn't be 'malicious' or 'ill-tempered'. With her, what you see is what you get. Out of the thousands of pictures that I do have of her, there are a handful with a sour look on her face. She's not one to put on a happy show when there's people around. She will be grumpy for you if she has a good reason. Because of imperfection, she does have moments in quiet-time-outs. I just remind myself that I should have to sit in time-out too, sometimes.

I can't even fully explain my excitement for her to be a big sister. I pray that her little spirit will overflow into her baby sister and that she will be the encouragement and friend that her sibling will need. It's so important to have those good relationships with your siblings. I might be able to say that only because I have the huge blessing of being so close to my older brothers. Whom I love very much. Just to have that someone that you know you can always count on. Talk to. Ask for pray from. Hopefully what I have with my brothers will be a good example of what she can be to her sister.

I'm probably getting all sentimental and sensitive about this sibling thing because of our appointment today with the OB. It was a reminder of reality. That this sweet baby girl is coming. Soon. Very soon. We tentatively set a date/week for the C-section arrival. It will be late March, more in the early 20's of March. Close to Easter. Kind of fun that little J is close to Christmas and little M will be close to Easter. How awesome that the two biggest celebrations of what Jesus did for us will be the celebrations of the life of our girls. Makes me happy!

Well, I should probably chip in with helping pick things up around here. For the most part, surprisingly, the house doesn't look too disheveled. Usually, after a Sunday, things kind of explode within these walls. Only because Sunday just passed. Who wants to wash and do dishes and clean up on a restful day? Not me! So, a few dishes here, a basket of clothes there. Not too overwhelming. What's overwhelming is my husband in the basement trying to get things organized. Throwing this away. Selling that. Shelving those. It can get a bit exhausting. Thank goodness for spaghetti, garlic bread and a movie tonight! That should bring happiness to our tummies! :)

Joy to you!

1 comment:

  1. your life...and all that it brings MAKES ME HAPPY. and brings a smile ot my face each time i read about movie nights and little j and soon-to-be-little-m :) and now, m'am...i'd like to see some pictures of your creativity...just for those poor souls (like me) who have no time to be creative because my nose is perpetually in a big boring book. :)

    ReplyDelete