Saturday, September 19, 2009

life.

living

intentionally

for

eternity.

how would this change your life? notice the emphasis...not how could this change your life. because whether you want it to or not, it will. simply put. your perspective. your outlook. your way of thinking. your way of acting...and reacting. your attitude. your family. your friends.

i've been convicted by this very statement when it was put on my heart awhile back, and it's infected my soul in a deep way. seeped its way into the pours of my being. given me something to not only think about, but to truly put into action. and it's hard.

it's hard throwing away the nature of my being to really focus on the desires of a pure and holy God. it's hard remembering to put others first...especially when i might not know their true needs. it's hard to put away pride when comparisons come so easy. it's hard to live a life of prayer when my thoughts are so demanding. it's just hard.

but so totally worth the effort. worth the struggle.

how will living intentionally for eternity change your life?

1 comment:

  1. how will this change me? Hmm. I think it would or I should say will change my perspective. Things I think that matter-maybe don't matter as much as I give them credit for.

    As always, great post.

    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete