Saturday, March 28, 2009

creativity break.

this is the result of a stressful...i mean, extremely fun and relaxing night out with the girls. *smile. i told you that it does something to my nerves that only my perfectionism brings out in me. but, wha-la! i think it actually turned out pretty cute. thanks ness, for making the white dots just perfect! and thanks tammy, for organizing a fabulous event (i still think it should have been a big birthday party for you. if only i knew. *wink).

okay, and THIS!

i only paid $1.63 (one dollar and sixty-three cents, in case you missed that. after tax) for this 16x16 wood ornate frame (if you click on the pic, you can see the cool scroll detail). i put little hunny in it - the day we brought her home from the hospital one year ago. it was originally $39.99 (that would be approx. $43.43 after tax) and on clearance because of some scratches that i just took a pencil eraser to. they came out perfectly! i couldn't be more excited! it's these kinds of things that make me proud to be a girl. haha? oh, and it was at kohl's...they are having a HUGE frame clearance. there are many tasteful ones to choose from and remember, if there's one you don't like, just take a can of spray paint to it. happy hunting!

3 comments:

  1. your pottery turned out great-oh, and what lovely white dots;)

    I love the picture fram-how cute.

    I love the thrill of a hunt too-a bargain hunt that is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your little dish is so cute! i may have to copy you -- i'm really good at copying things! glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great find! I'm so excited for you! You are going to fall in love with Italy... I'm already missing everything... I can't wait to go back! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete