Thursday, January 15, 2009

totally unmotivated.

i've been feeling everything but inspired to post on my blog. i think my brain is a little burnt out from sorting and packaging. it's actually kind of the last thing i want to do right now, but i'm getting a little tired of looking at 'tuesday talk' since 98% of you don't seem too interested in idol.

just a few things i've been noticing lately...

the absolute adoring nature of sisters. i've never had the privilege of sisterhood through blood (two older brothers here - loved every minute. no, really, i did). i did have amazing friendships growing up that were bonded emotionally and through life experience that for me, were as close to a sister that i knew. and for those, i am forever grateful. daily, i get the honor of watching and hearing two little girls develop their own relationship of sisterhood. just today, jessa was telling miley, "hunny, it's ok, we're bestest friends in the whole wide world!" they share such a sweet, playful, and sometimes ornery togetherness that i try to capture daily. whether it in memory, type, or in a picture. it is something priceless that i want them to relive as they get older. i mean, how cool is it that you get to have a sleepover with your best friend every night? sounds way cool to me.

to go along with the above, jessa is getting very protective of miley as she gets older. must be the mama instinct in her that is developing. i think it's adorable. jessa is constantly concerned about where miley is if she doesn't see her. it is usually when i have put miley down for a nap and jessa missed where i put her. "where's hunny?" is her usual response. another time was when i was shopping with my mom and two girls and an associate that i was acquainted with asked if she could hold miley. i obliged and the associate walked a few steps away to show miley to another coworker. jessa immediately came over to me as i was admiring something with my mom to inform me that "the girl is taking miley over there", as she was fervently pointing with concern. it's nice to have another set of watching eyes.

another thing i've noticed lately...

i DON'T like packing anymore!

i'm off to try to get my creative on. soon, i will be posting pictures of some creative bugs that have actually fluttered out of me. i've been working on some projects for an exciting baby shower saturday. see you soon!

3 comments:

  1. Motivation for blogging seems to be a common theme lately on most of the blogs I follow. One blog even asked the readers, "What motivates you in life and in blogging?" Thanks for your posts I enjoy reading how you live life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agreem, seems like blogging has slowed down a little since 09. Myself included! I think there needs to be a list of "blog topics." :)

    PS-I'd be sick of packing too! I HATE moving-uggh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto on the blogging thing...and ditto on packing. I guess I can say ditto on the sister thing, too. I didn't have any blood sisters growing up either...but have many sisters/friends in Christ. What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete