I'm learning about reminders today. First, a reminder that spending almost the whole afternoon working on my bible study is a luxury. I shouldn't take that for granted. But mostly, reminders of why God created man and woman. For God's pleasure? For His joy? For His glory? For eachother? I believe for all of the above. It's a good reminder to know God as author. That the Creator of the universe has a plan. That it involves me. My husband. And my children. Because to truly know God and the One that He sent is to truly love Him. And how can I expect to love my family and others without first loving God. I can't. It's that simple.
As I sit here and watch Sumperman Returns (the movie), I'm compelled to be reminded of how much the world thinks they need a hero. Jesus is superman. He's "the superman" of all superheros. If only my little girl could understand how cool Jesus is, the same way she watches with excitement and anticipation this hero on television. I can try and relay it to her and pray that it sinks into her depths. But until her little heart experiences Jesus in a real and tangible way, she will look at superheros as fictional tv characters. She will cheer with joy as superman rescues another civilian and plunders yet another villian. And until then, her real superhero is her daddy. And that is the best reminder that we are the Jesus she needs to see right now.
Reminders are good for me. They are healthy doses of reality checks. Good for my soul to ponder.
No comments:
Post a Comment