dear little j.
I wanted to let you know how much fun I had with you this morning. As you sleep quietly, I get the chance to reflect on what you taught me today, already. Your sweet hospitality invited and welcomed me into your playland.

Our first order of agenda was starting off with our preschool devotional together. Always an essential way to start off the morning. Second was putting together our Mr. Potato Head family. As I worked on the mama, you put together baby and daddy so carefully, knowing exactly what you wanted to place in each hole. You brought me back to my days of creativity and play. As I prepared my "sweet nectar" of the morning, you were eager to serve me tea from your "teatop". You are so joyful in your serving. You politely show me to my seat. Ask if I would like some tea. Gently pour it into our cups. Ask if I would like "sauce" in it. And continue stirring it in with your love. The smile that covers your face is such a delight to take in. It reminds me that playtime is super important. It's a necessity to your childhood. And to mommy's happy heart. It grows in both of us a chance to get to know eachother. A chance to share. To laugh. To talk. To learn.




Next on the list was gametime! Every mom-ent you had to get up and retrieve something, you told me to "stay here, right back mama!", as if I was going to get up and run away. You quickly grabbed your laptop. It has numerous learning games on it, little monkey included. We basically played until the batteries ran out. You were sad, but I reassured you that daddy would come to the rescue with new batteries. As we exited playland and reluctantly came back into the real world, you were famished! On the menu? Your favorite..."pink soup"!

You've always called it that. The rest of us know it as good 'ol Chef Boyardee ravioli. As you finished your lunch, you snuggled up right next to me on the couch. Eyes looking like they weighed ten pounds. We hurried you off into your room, singing the usual: Twinkle, Twinkle...Jesus Loves Me and quoting your two memory verses. Sure enough, not much later, you were zonked.
So here's my letter to you. To let you know how much I love you. How much I adore playing with you. And how much I love watching you smile. I wanted to recap my memories of our morning together so that we always have them. Remember to always play. Never forget how. And please, help me to never forget too.
No comments:
Post a Comment