Thursday, December 13, 2007

much needed scrap time...

...and wonderful company of a super-duper special woman in my life. We both worked for the same company for many, many great years. Up until a couple of months ago, we lost that bond together, but our connection with eachother has remained strong. She invited me over, with the little one, to spend some time catching up, scrapbooking and enjoy a yummy lunch! How did she know that I've been 'craving' to scrapbook for so long? You know, the kind that you work on 'just because'. Where you don't have to hand it over to someone else when you're done. The kind that you can just enjoy doing and not feel under pressure to 'catch up'. Yeah...that kind. It was fabulous quality time. And little puppy had some company too, ie: the little girly girl. :)

Now I sit. In front of the warm wood stove writing about my day. We have company coming tonight. Our weekly Superman night! We all look forward to this night like it's part of our regular schedule. The original Superman night started about 5 years ago (ish). We watch the current Smallville, Lois & Clark episodes or episodes of previous seasons of Smallville. You get the picture...it has to be something Supermanish. On the menu? Burritos tonight!

I also have to mention that my husband had a blessing happen today. It makes me smile to know that he is encouraged at his job. Surrounded by people who look up to him and who he can respect and talk to. You don't get that opportunity at every job you encounter. It truly is a blessing.

Enjoy life. Seek out joy in the details of your everday.

P.S. Little peanut just walked up to me and said, "I give you a hug", and proceeded to wrap her little arms around my neck. Love those moments! Just like the random, "mommy? I love you!", from the back seat of the car. :)

2 comments:

  1. YAY for scrapbooking :) you know, i never realized just HOW MUCH FUN it was reading the blog of someone you know pretty well....it is AWESOME :) so keep up the updating (& good job figuring out the photos!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth, how can I tell you just how much I "Love" you and how spending time together makes me feel so alive and so good?.. You and your family have brought so much "Joy" to my Life.. I would choose spending an afternoon scrapbooking and girl talking with you any day of the week! You are truely a light in my Life...J

    ReplyDelete