Sunday, December 9, 2007

big idea.

Ok, are you ready to grab onto this one? The Big Idea at church today was this: the power behind the virgin birth is the power to change your life.

I think most people aren't ready for their life to change. Even if things are out of control. Broken. Painful. Lost. They seem to continue believing that something "good" will happen eventually. This time of year especially, the Christmas movies are filled with fairytale ideas. Hollywood says we need a miracle to make everything better. All of these fairytale stories of broken families, broken homes needing to "believe" in something to get their lives back together. Just a little more "Christmas spirit." The virgin birth is no fairytale. It's reality. It's a miracle that makes a demand on life. It calls us to believe in something more than ourselves. It will change your life and you may not be ready for that. Because it's big. Real big.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a sucker for a good Christmas movie.

Remember, He came into human history to identify with sinners. Everyone has hope. Afterall, He did choose me.

P.S. I forgot to mention that the music this morning at service was amazing. The little ones of the church were the choir and they sounded fantastic. I wanted to recored their beautiful voices and take them home in my pocket! The littelest one up there was probably 4 or 5 years old. Can't wait to see what's in store for next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment