So I had to sneak another entry in before the new year. I have to say that I'm quite excited about a new year before us. It will probably go by faster than this past one. As they usually do. I look forward to what the Lord is going to do in our lives. As we welcome another little bundle. As we make new friends. As milestones happen in our children's lives. As we deepen the relationships of old friends. As we trust and have faith that the Lord will fulfill His will in our lives. I know that we have a lot before us. And the story that is behind us, has gotten us to where we are. I couldn't be more thankful for the gift of 2007. As we open another year, I pray our hearts are focused. Ready. To share love. Give hope. And live.
Here are some happenings of our zero seven:
- started off the year with getting out of debt
- awesome friends moved into town to be closer (ok, it was their jobs)
- Gumpa went home to be with Jesus - which brought Gran'ma back from England
- painted my kitchen an oh-so-beautiful color (love it!)
- celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary in Disneyland (husband surprised wife)
- my brother & his bride got married in May
- took the fam to Wallowa Lake (annual tradition in June)
- got hooked on the Lost series
- little J got hooked on the Disney princesses
- several family & friends got married (whoo-hoo for love!)
- little J was super impressed with 4th of July fireworks!
- baby boy M being born in July to great friend's of ours
- baby #2 being knit in the womb
- husband beat his triathlon time in Aug.
- four other family members preparing to welcome babies into the world
- the invention of my husband's fruit smoothies (amazing!)
- grammy and papa getting to watch baby's ultrasound
- Fall was a blur due to health issues for our fam
- celebrated m & d's 30th wedding anniversary in Oct.
- our call to seminary was delivered (and received)
- took little J to the Diney princesses on ice
- celebrated a 3rd birthday (wowsers!) & got first haircut
And ending the year with none other than the Lost series, season 3. Yup. Cozying up with the fire and attempting to stay up to ring in the new year at midnight. If I do, I must stand on the porch and bang pans. Family traditon. It would seem wrong not to. At the moment, we're trying to add potty training to the 'happenings of zero seven'. Only four hours left. This is a struggle of ours that might just make it on next year's list. Well, it better. :) I'm sure I'm forgetting a few other things that are a must for the list of this year and will add them if they pop in my head. Until then...
Make it a GREAT year!
No comments:
Post a Comment