Monday, April 20, 2009

european vacation itinerary.

honesty, i'm freaking out just a little. i went to walley world today to purchase my cute travel size toiletries and liquids for my quart size ziploc. have i mentioned that we're packing carry on's only? yes, it's true. i believe i have the capability do this, with room to spare. i really have no choice...and i plan on bringing home souvenirs for special someones. so, i'm at walmart. feeling a little rushed with the whole fam waiting in my wings as i hurriedly decide what i need on my list. yeeeah, i'll be going back later this week to polish the checklist. freaking out, i tell you. in ONE week, i will be flying high, soaring over fluffy white clouds, hopefully fast asleep against the arm of my chair. or my gran'ma?

about two weeks ago, gran'ma sent me the itinerary for our european vacation. it goes a little something like this:

monday - fly out
arrive in denver 2.15 hours later
jump a plane to london, arriving at heathrow 9.16 hours later, which i think is tuesday by now - take a train (my first one!) to beautiful farmland

wednesday - take hop-on-hop-off bus to windsor castle, tower of london, parliament and st. paul's cathedral

thursday - british museum

friday - take train to sellindge, england - stay in bed and breakfast

saturday - canterbury

sunday - village hall service

monday - dover castle

tuesday - fly out to nice, france

wednesday - arrive to auntie and uncle's villa

thursday - tour provence

friday - drive to venice, italy

saturday - tour venice and murano

sunday - travel back to nice, france to auntie and uncle's

monday - rest?

tuesday - monaco

wednesday - not sure?

thursday - depart nice and fly to paris; sacre coeur (sacred heart) church & place du tertre (artists square); dinner in montmartre

friday - eiffel tower and bateaux mouches (seine river lunch cruise) and louvre; dinner at le relais de l'entrecote

saturday - ile de la cite area - sainte chapelle; picnic near the pont neuf at place dauphine and notre dame in the afternoon

sunday - tea/pastries on the champs-ellvsee - arc de triomphe; sadly, depart paris and arrive back in london

monday - from london, back to denver, back home.

*gulp. am i ready? nope. am i excited? totally!

3 comments:

  1. Uh...wow, I am tired from just reading it!

    Next week huh?!? That came up quick. And only carry ons? You are my hero, I could never do it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh don't worry...you'll have SO MUCH FUN :) remember to get PEOPLE in your pictures too (i conveniently forget that on trips, i'm too enthralled with the architecture).

    and really, THE LIST was just a jumping off point. but i'm not kidding about the fleece blanket. NOT. KIDDING.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You NEED to schedule in shopping time... don't pack clothes for yourself (seriously, shop at H&M!!)... and, other then the things that you are very brand specific about (and feminine products) there are drug stores all over the big cities. Save space! Also, whenever I traveled in bigger European cities, with limited space, I packed "disposable" items. Things I did not LOVE. And, when I would leave those cities, I would leave my things with homeless people. And, I am not saying this to make myself look spectacular... because, honestly, I did it to make room for the new things I had bought.

    If you have ANY free time in Paris (and it does not look like you will) you HAVE to go to Musee d'Orsay. I actually liked it WAY more than the Louvre. The Louvre was great for its amazing history and the famous pieces... but, Orsay has Monet, Degas, Toulouse Lautrec, Manet, Van Gogh. It is still, by far, my favorite art museum that I have ever been to.

    I can not wait to see your pictures and hear all about your journey!

    ReplyDelete