Tuesday, March 24, 2009

the day of her birth...


...was just like today. cold. snowy. with peeks of sunshine coming out to say 'welcome to the world little one. we're so glad you're here.'

one year ago, we had just celebrated easter. i had been wearing a kelly green t-shirt that barely reached the bottom of my popped belly. i was tired. i was excited and anticipating this little one i hadn't met yet. i knew she would be beautiful and i knew she was for me. after all, that is what her name means - she is for me. but i had no idea...

...she would be that beautiful. that tiny. that perfect. fitting so precisely into our family like a missing puzzle piece. tickling our hearts with those gorgeous long lashes and stealing our hearts with her adorable conversational pieces.

she's a sweet sisterly companion. an awesome shopping partner. a slobbery kiss giver. a miniature risk taker. a lover of num-nums.

she provides laughter between our walls. squishy hugs after a long, hard day. warm snuggles to worn out arms. she's more than we could have imagined.

she's our miley girl. sweet, one year old, miley rae.

3 comments:

  1. oh you guys make cute babies :) not that i haven't told you that before...just wanted to kindly slip in the reminder ;)

    looks like a great time was had by all...

    and i'll work on that fabric-stuff sooner than later....this weekend, maybe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think that I have told you lately that I miss seeing you and your girls... I do.

    I remember seeing Miley when you first brought her back to Bible study... such a sweet one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO CUTE!! Happy Birthday Miley...we need to play!

    Her profile looks so much like Jessa. Such cute girls!

    ReplyDelete