Tuesday, December 9, 2008

I'M GOING TO IT-LY!

as a matter of fact, yes, i felt the need to use ALL CAPS in my title. it is just that important!

I AM GOING TO LONDON! I AM GOING TO FRANCE! I AM GOING TO ITALY! I AM GOING TO PARIS! AHHH...!

ok. i think i got it all out. AHHH! oops. that one just eeked out.

my grandma called me this evening:

gma: "hello mini-me (this is what she calls me). are you sitting down?"

me: "yes, i am. uh-oh." (seriously thinking she was going to tell me we weren't going after all)

gma: "how do you feel about being away from the girls for three whole weeks?"

me: gulp. "umm...i think i might be able to handle it. only because i know where we are going."

she continues to tell me the schedule of our divinely wonderful trip. three weeks? really? wow. i don't think i can even put into words how excited i am. we leave monday, april 27 and arrive home monday, may 18. eek!

it-ly has always been my dream. ever since i watched 'only you' with my bestest friend in high school (yes, i blame you, you know. for my obsession. *wink). not to mention that's also when robert downey jr. became my dream. that quickly passed. but it-ly has always remained. faithful and true. pitter patter. i plan on cherishing that stamp in my passport forever and always. amen.

AHHH...!

7 comments:

  1. So right now im very jelouse of you and i dont think we can be friends anymore *wink* Im happy for you but dont be surprise if a trunk goes through baggage with your name on it....with a very large blonde woman inside named heidi:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, am so jealous! I would do anything to get back to Europe. I, for one, can not wait to see the pictures you will take of such an amazing trip!
    Oh... here is a fun American tourist souvenir... get a Starbuck's mug in each big city you visit... trust me, they will have them! I am currently sipping coffee out of my latest Washington DC mug, but my favorite one will always be Barcelona!
    Where are you going in Italy... you named other cities and then a WHOLE country!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you'll see london
    you'll see france
    you'll see someone's underpants
    (yes, i guarentee it)...

    and just an FYI: plan on NOT scrapbooking those pictures & making a digital photo book.

    and another FYI: you BETTER be finding little internet cafe's (usually very reasonably priced) to blog your adventures--i swear you'll be glad you did it! the pictures don't suffice since there is SO MUCH to see!)

    and another FYI: pack wisely--i'll help you if you want :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW-Lucky you! I like Mandys idea of getting a Starbucks mug from every city.

    I can't wait to see your pictures, that was my first thought!

    I also agree, that you best be finding internet cafes so we can read about your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am very excited for you! PLEASE, PLEASE post details. We can't wait to hear about it. Sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i forgot to tell you to save your pennies to buy a REALLY NICE PAIR of shoes--probably from REI. :) i wore my chacos (sandals) for the entire 9 weeks--no other shoes. but they were a pretty penny--over $100. so......don't skimp on the shoes...your legs (& bumps!) will thank you later :)

    I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU. and jealous. really jealous. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's the one place in the world I really want to see...Italy. So much history, food, culture, art. It'll be great to see the pics and hear about your adventures!

    ReplyDelete