Sunday, November 9, 2008
sniff. sniff.
so i started packing today. and it's harder than i thought it would be. not in the task itself, as in, being strenuous. but in the emotional aspect of it all. i started with our bedroom. as i gently wrap and swaddle my delicates (not underwear), i am sentimental at the thought that they will travel with us across the country. down south. for four days of speeding and bumping down the highway. i want to know that they will be safe and sound in their brown cardboard box. you better believe i'll be permanent marker-ing 'FRAGILE' across the top. and on the sides. and let's do the bottom too. just in case.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I have some boxes and paper for you if you would like them. There are not that many we just saved the nice moving boxes and there is one dish pack... Let me know I could bring them to you on Tue or Wed. I should also add that I am an excellent packer. I have only had one dish break and I didn't pack it :) I would be happy to help you sometime.
ReplyDeleteooo...that would be great angie! about the boxes...we could use all that we can get i'm sure! :) thanks so much!
ReplyDeleteI think I will do a little unpacking today so you can have more. Would you like the paper too? It is packing paper not newspaper that gets your hands all black.
ReplyDeleteyeah, sure! the paper would be wonderful...you know how much i want to protect my precious vases. :) haha thanks so much!
ReplyDeletei'm glad i can be inspiration for you to get more unpacking done ;)
I am so with you on this post! We have been packing a little at a time, and it is going well, but each box means we are one step closer to leaving our home...
ReplyDelete