Saturday, November 15, 2008

one 'happy' little girl.

i'm going to use the cliche, where has the time gone? simply because it's true. these four years have passed by in what seems like two. time does that somehow. splits itself in half.

our firstborn will be four years old in one month. december fifteenth two thousand and four. our lives were changed forever. every day seems to offer just as much change as that one day did. every day up to this point, i have learned something about myself. because of this special little girl. she has taught me how to love with patience. how to speak softly in a loud moment. to think outside of myself. to be better. to display my best example. and that is why it takes every day to learn. these challenges are huge in the life of a mama. these four years have been that treasured opportunity. and i am beyond grateful for them.i don't know if anyone else feels this way, but i still find myself thinking, am i really a mom? there were some days that i honestly thought that Jesus would return before i had the chance to be a mommy. i just could never 'picture' myself in that role. but i think it's that way sometimes. i had to experience it to truly feel it. and still, there are those days. those days i just can't believe i'm living such a blessed life with this little girl. this little girl that dances and sings. that jumps around like a little bunny rabbit. this little girl that is still beyond obsessed with the disney princesses. this little girl that gives awesome big hugs. and says the funniest things at the most random moments. she's our little gem of a girl.

and very excited about her birthday.

3 comments:

  1. I know tell me about it! My little one will be 2 soon... Time goes by really quick! xo Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel this way all the time. Sometimes I feel like too much of a child to be a mother!
    Olivia was 4 in August and I look at her and sometimes I can't remember my life without her and other times feel like she was just born yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand how you feel. Sometimes I can't believe that I am actually married, and a mom. It's like I'm all grown up or something!?! I don't feel like a grown up, I still feel like I am 16! It's crazy!

    ReplyDelete