Monday, November 17, 2008

i've got christmas fever. bad.

before i write this, i want to put this out there: yes, i do think i'm a bit crazy and a whole lot-a-bit early. but...

i am decorated for christmas.

i have {some} presents wrapped.

my christmas cards are so close to being done. i even picked a picture. yay!

my list is getting shorter. more things eagerly getting checked off.

can i say i'm excited? oh but of course!

it's miley's first christmas. it's our last christmas in this little house. our last christmas here with family - for at least a good few years. *tear. and this is why we're putting up the big tree this year. and that makes me all giddy in itself. it's also the custer's christmas arts and crafts show this coming weekend at the fairgrounds and holy moses!, i am one happy girl! i also found a beautiful, intricate, real-life looking manger scene that makes me picture and wonder if that's the way it really happened. it's so detailed. looks so thought out. delicate. humble.

like i've admitted before, i am readily awaiting christmas by september. this year is no different.

even though i still have three pumpkins sitting on my front steps.

6 comments:

  1. dont worry. i have christmas fever too. in fact, i was just finalizing my card address list and was wondering if you could send me your address... and your husbands name. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are funny! But, I am the thinking the same... we are visiting Jeff in VA for Thanksgiving and the MINUTE I get home I am decorating. I bought some wreaths and hooks to put on my front windows yesterday!

    The manger scene made me think of this store we went to in Germany. It had a Christmas museum. It had antique creches... they were desert scenes with palm trees and the people were dark complected... that one really made me think of what it must have been like, but, I still put the snowy blanket under mine each year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to pace myself. I get really excited too. But if I start too early, I am sick of it all before Christmas even gets here! I think a couple of years ago I ended up taking the tree down before Christmas! (It was when we were living in Seattle-and traveled to Spokane for Christmas, so we weren't there on Christmas morning anyway.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I usually can't wait to get going on Christmas, but this year is going by too fast as it is. We'll decorate after Thanksgiving, too. Once I start listening to my Christmas music I get in the mood quickly! But I'm feeling very behind in gifts/cards/etc. Usually I work better under pressure (ok,so I procrastinate until I run out of time). ;o) Maybe I'll get started on some things today! ... um or not.

    ReplyDelete
  5. mandy, that is exactly what my new manger scene looks like! desert, palms and wise men of different origin. i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you should post a picture of your manger scene, i love them, and collect them.

    ReplyDelete