Sunday, September 7, 2008

growing something good

we make sure we cruise the scenery of this favorite pastime every year. the interstate county fair. for me, it's the introduction of fall. the smell of barnyard animals as they parade their fat and fur for all to see. the intoxicating whiffs of extremely unhealthy but scrumptious foods. the colors. the entertainment. the people. i'm a crowd person. i have a strange passion for people watching. so for me, this is it. this and black friday, the shopping day that falls after thanksgiving - definitely one of my favorite early mornings of all time.

we went with myah and her family, so the ride in the green wagon was only one of the highlights for the girls. i also had to make sure and visit owen, the black and white cartoon artist. he has officially drawn our whole family now. this year, miley was a princess. last year, jess was drawn with her mimi. and about seven years ago, jacob and i were a princess and a knight. what can i say, we like to support our local artists. *smiles

she was mimicking his movements
is it just me or is he totally smiling at me?
did you know that goats have rectangular pupils? it's true.
jess called all the big rides, "toys, lots and lots and lots and lots of big toys"
this was ms. miley the whole morning, besides posing for her portrait and taking a power nap.

4 comments:

  1. I think the pig is totally smiling at you! Were there words in a spider web above the it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun! We have our first preschool field trip there on Friday....looking forward to it (I've never been)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures! I love the smiling pig!!! I think the last time I went to the Spokane fair was when I was in 8th or 9th grade-it's been a while!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha! Babe the pig is definitely smiling at you :)

    great photos....makes for a very exciting read for those of us stuck in hick-town in the middle of nowhere WV. :) there IS a world out there! full of big toys!

    ReplyDelete