Have you ever felt like a commercial? Like your life is being broadcast on some made-up satellite wave? And you're just standing by. Wow...I think I've lost my mind. Now that I read that back, it sounds kind of...bizarre. But that's how I feel right now. A little looney.
God is really doing some work in my heart tho'. That can seem a bit alien sometimes. I'm not always comfortable with Him mushing my priorities around. Straightening me out. Telling me to love more. Pray more. I'm in this weird state where I know He's doing something great, but I don't really know what to do. I'm that commercial. Standing by. Waiting to jump into the program anytime. What's my staring role? Where do I fit into this particular episode? For now, I am just going to wait. Be still. Know that He is God. Do my loving and my praying and wait for the producer to call on me.
But, sheesh...who likes to wait.
I had a very refreshing time with a great friend tonight. Same one that accompanied me to gelato. This time, burgers and fries. Shopping. Coffee. Can't get much better than that. She works at a fab place with killer discounts...thanks friend! So I was able to score a few more Christmas presents and check them off the list. I am so ready for Christmas to be here. But then when it is and gone, I'll be sad. I get to go 'home' this year. Super pumped! And very much needed this year. The little girl hasn't had Christmas morning with grammy and papa yet. I say it's about time. I think grammy and papa would say the same thing. :)
So get ready. The family is coming to town!
No comments:
Post a Comment